Talents: An ear for languages and human anatomy. Tribal drumming, and Middle Eastern dances. Been in college for six years and have yet to attain any sort of degree (until next semester that is!), so I think I have a talent for educational indecision. Gardening, creative use in oil pastels, and can make a killer cup of hot chocolate.
1. What do you think of J.R.R. Tolkien? I envy his skill in linguistics.
2. What are your thoughts on The Lord of the Rings (book and/or movies)? The books were very good, but honestly I appreciate them more for what they didn't tell us rather than what they did. Fanfiction writers have created a universe expanded from Tolkien's basic stories, and that's what I fell in love with. The movies were cast well.
3. Which was your favorite section in the book and/or scene in the movie? The Mirkwood elves waking up Galion. Insignificant moment, I know....but cranky elves are interesting to visualize.
4. What is your least favorite section in the book and/or scene in the movie? I didn't like how Galadriel reacted towards Frodo offering her the ring in the Fellowship of the Ring movie.
5. Have you read The Silmarillion, The Unfinished Tales, or any other of Tolkien's related works? Only the Silmarillion.
6. Who is your favorite LotR character and why? Gandalf. Someone as powerful as he is still enjoys the little things in life.
7. Who is your least favorite LotR character and why? Erm...uh...hmm...I have no idea.
8. What are your thoughts on technology? As easy and convenient as it makes our lives I always feel as if every new gadget is one step closer to replacing my brain.
9. What are your thoughts on nature? We are nature. If anyone thinks otherwise we might as well say the brain doesn't need the heart, and our lungs don't need air. If nature goes down we're going down with her.
10. What are your thoughts on war? War is natural. Every living thing goes to war, just on different scales. White blood cells go to war with viruses, a lion goes to war with a hyena, and humans go to war with everything around them. War is unpleasant and painful, but I doubt anything living will ever exist without it.
11. What do you think are your top five positive characteristics? Descent listener, open-minded, quick to learn, ask a lot of questions, don't hold grudges.
12. What do you think are your top five negative characteristics? Little will power, over indulgence, not driven, depressive, uncaring in stressful situations.
13. Given the choice, which race would you NOT want to be? Hobbit. I think that a life without travel and different experiences is not a life at all.
14. If you could live anywhere on Earth (modern, not Arda), where would it be? Ireland for the natural beauty, or Yosemite, for the same.
15. Despite whatever your thoughts on war might be, if you were absolutely forced to go into battle, what weapon would you wield (can be modern or historical)? If it were modern then I'd be in a tank. If pre-gun warfare then I'd come to terms with the fact that I probably wouldn't be going home alive, and I'd choose a rattan staff wit spikes on either side.
16. What are your thoughts on death? When I die, I die, and it's my time for the next path. It's as natural as being born.
17. What are your favorite books (excluding LotR)? Weird Like Us, Stiff, The World's Religions, Dave Barry's Guide to Guys
18. Describe your biggest role model. I don't have any. If I want to live up to another person's life then I'm not living my own.
19. How did you hear about sorting_realm/tolkiens_realm? Via other people's friend's lists.
20. If you had the One Ring, what would you do with it? Be honest! I'd probably take it and use it poorly, though for what I have no idea. Then I'd probably see the error of my ways and throw myself off a cliff or some such.