Age: 17 in less than a month
Talents: Singing, dancing, sneaking, friendship, masking feelings, athletic, leadership, organized, being able to distinguish fact from emotion
1. What do you think of J.R.R. Tolkien? I think he was a wonderful with a wonderful imagination. He created a whole new world to be able to escape to with a story filled with adventure, mystery, romance... everything you could want in a book.
2. What are your thoughts on The Lord of the Rings (book and/or movies)? Well, I've read the Hobbit but not LotR - I have seen the movies, though. I think they are awesome, very realistic with a wonderful story and characters. There are several characters but each is very different and unique.
3. Which was your favorite section in the book and/or scene in the movie? I love the movie scenes where the person made a climatic character-defining decision. Examples are Arwen turning mortal, Same carrying Frodo on the back, Aragorn charing into the Mordor armies, Eowyn deciding to fight, etc, etc.
4. What is your least favorite section in the book and/or scene in the movie? Hmm... I didn't like it when Frodo betrayed Sam. Betrayal is a crushing feeling. I also didn't like the scene where Theoden said that Merry couldn't fight because of his size.
5. Have you read The Silmarillion, The Unfinished Tales, or any other of Tolkien's related works? Yes, I have read The Hobbit.
6. Who is your favorite LotR character and why? I have a few. First is Eowyn because I related to her the most - the indepence and the being held back because she was girl. But she kept fighting. I also like Sam for his undying faithfulness and loyalty - he's one I look to when I want to be a better friend. And finally, Elrond and Galadriel for their leadership and stern opposition to the ring. While they were powerful, they refused to use it's powers.
7. Who is your least favorite LotR character and why? I didn't like Wormtongue or Boromir. Wormtongue because he was coniving and scheming, etc, etc. Playing mind tricks is dirty and low. Boromir because he never stopped wanting the ring even after he saw the bad effects (not to mention knowing them before hand).
8. What are your thoughts on technology? Technology is a wonderful thing and makes our lives easier and the world smaller. However, technology comes with a responsiblity to use it properly and it just isn't. There's so much bad that's done with it (especially the internet) and it's foolishness. Technology without wisdom is foolishness and if the moral decline would stop without technology (mainly the internet) then I would give it up.
9. What are your thoughts on nature? Wow, I love nature. I like nothing better than to be walking in a park, forest, field, beach, etc all alone to collect my thoughts. There's a certain peace that settles over me when I'm surrounded by natural and I love it even though nature is violent sometimes. Personally, I would love to live on a ranch (with horses!) or on the beach.
10. What are your thoughts on war? War is horrible - it always is. But war is sometimes necessary because people become so evil and twisted that war is the only to stop them. Innocent people will die and there will be heartbreak. If a war is to stop evil, I will support and even fight in it. I don't support wars that spring from petty feuds and one ruler invading another's land.
11. What do you think are your top five positive characteristics? Hmmm... ok, some of these are similiar so there are a few I will group together. Independent, mature, passionate/firey, reflective/thoughtful, caring/kind
12. What do you think are your top five negative characteristics? Tempermental, impatient, stubborn (though it can be positive and negative), snippy, overly critical/harsh
13. Given the choice, which race would you NOT want to be? I wouldn't want to be a dwarf because they live in mountains (I hate being enclosed) and they're greedy (always wanting treasure) and... they can frankly just be rude.
14. If you could live anywhere on Earth (modern, not Arda), where would it be? First off, as current events stand, I will always want to live in the US. BUT political stuff aside, definately Ireland - it's beautiful, cultural, enchanting...
15. Despite whatever your thoughts on war might be, if you were absolutely forced to go into battle, what weapon would you wield (can be modern or historical)? Hmmm, either a bow and arrow (they're precise and elegant) or a blade (cause blades are awesome). Modern - fighter pilot in the Navy all the way (I used to want to do that).
16. What are your thoughts on death? Death is tragic but inevitable - we're human and we die. However, I'm a Christian and I know that when I die I will go to Heaven to live forever. So while it is tragic here on Earth, my saved friends will see me again one day.
17. What are your favorite books (excluding LotR)? Nancy Drew, Girl in Blue, This Present Darkness
18. Describe your biggest role model. My role models are people who overcame obstacles in their childhood and teen years and went on to be great people of character who made a difference in the world around them.
19. How did you hear about sorting_realm/tolkiens_realm? From somebody's user info.
20. If you had the One Ring, what would you do with it? Be honest! To be 100% honest... I would definately destroy it. It can't be used for good - it's for destruction and evil through and through. I would destroy it to keep everyone safe.